20 December 2010

Cygnaran Warjack: Cyclone

Greetings,

I have finally gotten around to taking some photos of the fully painted Cyclone. It is painted pretty simply. I only used 3 foundations (Mordian Blue, Necron Abyss and Hormagaunt Purple), 3 metals (Boltgun, Chainmail and Shining Gold) and 4 inks (Baal Red, Badab Black, Gryphonne sepia and Devlan Mud).

The copper colour is what I'm most proud of, although it took a lot of messing about to achieve it.

i) Black undercoat (already done on the model).
ii) Shining gold. This needs two coats as it is pretty hard to get good coverage over the black.
iii) Baal Red. Go with me here.
iv) Gryphonne sepia.
v) Devlan Mud
vi) And finally a thin coat of Badab Black.

This is a rather disturbing change for me. I don't know when or why it happened but I am starting to play around more with the paints and improving my techniques. I'm still a lazy painter most of the time, but I am starting to mess around more.

Hopefully I might even learn how to do human flesh properly.


Regards,

English Pillock

1 comment:

  1. Mm, I do like that copper. I might just give that a go in a bit.

    ReplyDelete