21 April 2010

Toxic Orange Blood Angels (AKA The Emerald Tears) and Khador minis

Greetings,

Here are the Terminators that I have painted up for my Blood Angels successor Chapter. I used to use them as basic Marines, but since I didn't want to go Mech or Deep strike they couldn't cut it very well.

The models are 10 Black Reach, 5 basic Termies and the ones from Space Hulk.


I'll get some better pictures tonight when the light is more even (and after I dust the models).
The paint scheme is pretty much Solar Mecharius Orange, Dehneb Stone then playing around with the GW inks. Even if you aren't a fan of GW paints normally try the inks. They can be painted over and layered so that you have multiple ahades showing through. This is how I achieved the funky powerfists.
It was my Bretonnians where I went to town with the washes. I'll go over this when I look at my Brets in the future though.

Here are some pictures of my Khador. Sorscha's face is not my work, but a quick 15 minute job from the boss of Orctown on Saturday.

I will warn anyone who hasn't built metal models from Privateer Press that they do look hellishly ugly and they are most definitely ones that frustrated me. The plugs for the arms of the Warjacks were horrible to get the arms to stay in with superglue. I went through a third of a bottle of GW superglue (since I hadn't been to a model shop to get better), and I used a mess of Zipkicker to try and stick the arms in. It took 3 attempts!

Once they were built I set to this paint scheme, Mechrite Red, Solar Mecharius Orange, Dehneb Stone, Blood Red, Chainmail and Charadon Granite. The inks used were Badab Black, Gryphonne Sepia, Devlan Mud, Baal Red, Arsumen Blue and Leviathan purple.

The orange parts were inked with Baal then Leviathan. The reds were covered just with Leviathan. The cream was hit with Badab. The silver was hit with Badab. The greys/blacks were hit with the blacks and brown inks.

The face of Sorscha I can't comment on unfortunately...

Regards,

English Pillock

2 comments:

  1. personally I love how your marines die so easily, especially to my guards men. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. and u really need to give your self more credit for your paint jobs

    ReplyDelete