03 September 2010

High Elves

Greetings,

Now, before people start, I know that I wasn't a fan of Elves. ANY type of Elves. I wasn't a fan of the High Elf models, especially the spear elves and the archers. The GW 'monkey-hand-syndrome' had hit the Elves as hard as it did the old Skaven models.
Funnily enough both of these armies are in the new Island of Blood starter set for 8th Edition. Having been in the UK I have seen the models in the flesh in the GW's that I have visited (Grimsby and Milton Keynes). I've actually got the starter set, but

The models are stunning.

Seriously; all of them are of a very high quality. GW have used the techniques that they used for the Space Hulk models to great effect here. The Skaven models are along the lines of their new releases with the new miniature release that went alongside the latest version of the Skaven army book.


Here are my two mages that I have painted up since I got the boxed set. These models are mono-pose, but they have three pieces. They are done using a limited palette. The rest of the models are just as good. The Griffon is nice, but he is huge. I accidently glued the wings to the first Griffon. I'm not doing this on the second one. It's wingspan is much bigger than Louen Leoncouer who is on a Hippogryph.


I'll write about an army list in a bit. Need to ponder some more on what I'm going to do for them.

Regards,

English Pillock

No comments:

Post a Comment